Faculty: Creative & Technical
Subject Leader: Mr M Kabir
UK Accountancy qualifications are widely recognised throughout the world. In recent years there has been an increased demand for British qualified accountants, with many offering five figure salaries. Accountancy combines well with a range of subjects including Business Studies, Maths and ICT. Students with an A level in Accountancy will have access to a wide range of career and higher education opportunities in areas such as Accountancy both Chartered and Management, Banking, Human Resources and Government.
A level Accountancy
The Aim of A level Accountancy is to allow students to show their breadth of knowledge and understanding, This course helps students to understand the responsibilities of the accountant and the impacts of their recommendations on the business and the wider environment.
Students will build knowledge and understanding of key concepts, principles and techniques that they can apply to real-life scenarios, developing the ability to solve problems logically, analyse data methodically, make reasoned choices and communicate effectively.
In year 13 the students sit 2 exams each one of 3 hours duration:
- Paper 1 – Financial Accounting
- Paper 2 – Accounting for analysis and decision-making
Areas studied include:
- An introduction to the role of the accountant in Business
- Types of business organisation
- The double entry model
- Verification of accounting records
- Accounting concepts used in the preparation of account records
- Preparation of financial statements of sole traders
- Limited company accounts
- Analysis and evaluation of financial information
- Marginal costing