Faculty: Creative & Technical
Staff and Responsibility: Miss Lyons – Head of Music
Exam Board: RSL
- 1 externally marked units
- 5 internally marked units
RSL Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma for Music Practitioners
Students will have an opportunity to perform regularly, organise live music events, lead music making activities and cover a wide range of topics which could lead into a variety of career opportunities in the music industry.
Below is the unit breakdown of the course.
- MUSPRA 349 – Planning a Career in Music (internally assessed)
- MUSPRA 387 – Rehearsal Skills and Live Performance (externally assessed)
Optional Units (subject to change)
- MUSPRA 353 – Music Event Management
- MUSPRA 355 – Lead Music Making Activity
- MUSPRA 362 – Lead Performer
- MUSPRA 365 – Auditioning for Music
Potential Career Options
A RSL qualification for Music Practitioners will prepare students for a variety of higher education courses.
This course compliments the other arts subjects well and also gives students opportunities to go into a career in the community arts, events promotion, recording companies, technical theatre and performance.
GCSE Music grade 5 or above or RSL or BTEC Level 2 in Performing Arts or Music, Merit or above.
Students are also required to be grade 4 standard or above on their chosen instrument or voice. They need to be practising regularly and preferably having weekly lessons on their instrument or voice.
It is helpful if students also have a basic knowledge of music theory or can read music.